Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Picture of the Day:
A rainbow at the local park.

Quote of the Day:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- / I took the one less traveled by, / And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost

Hello, readers! I have been away again. I regret to say that for about the same amount of time I have been absent, I have also been negligent on my writing. Yes, if the pirate novel was a baby, child services would have come and taken it away by now. I am absolutely horrible at this "stick-to-your-writing" thing. But I have managed to find time enough to jump back in today to let you know what I have been up to. 

Sadly, I am afraid you shall be disappointed. In the four-some-odd weeks I have been away, vowing work on this novel and a quick finish I have added a total of one page. Yes, and it is not even a good page. However, I haven't trashed it yet, so I guess I am making some kind of progress.

Unfortunately that is really all I have to update you on. Things aren't going poorly, they just aren't going anywhere. Maybe someday this thing will be finished, and I bet once it is I won't even have the heart to submit it for publication! Too much work, I tell you. 

I think the only reason I am sticking to it is to prove to myself I can finish something I start--which, thus far, I haven't been able to do. 

I have finally been able to start my job at the Disney Store. Yes, I am a huge Disney fan. I blame the movies for my unrealistic expectations for life, love and hair. But I digress again. I find that a lot of the songs relate to me in a way that is very special, and I still enjoy Friday nights watching Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Lady and the Tramp, etc. So, in commemoration for my new job and state of mind, I give you a song that is stuck in my head that will not escape:




If you haven't seen this movie, we are no longer friends. 


I kid.


Kind of.

Have a wonderful week, and hopefully this pitiful update will be coupled with something better soon. For right now, I am off! Perhaps I will meet Liam and Jarek for a date with adventure and excitement, but recently, they have simply been standing me up. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment