Thursday, October 6, 2011

Picture of the Day: 
A lovely lake in Ireland.

Quote of the Day: 
"Everyone is a genius. However, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life thinking it is stupid." 
-Albert Einstein.

Well, readers. I must say this week has been a long one full of doubts of various kinds. The most glaring one, however, has been my sudden pitfall of despair over my novel. Yes, I am talking about the same novel I have been gushing about progress in. My pirate story is suddenly feeling very malformed, as if the plot that sounded super amazing in my head no longer has a hint of believability once it falls to paper.

Believability very well could destroy me here.

I want to make sure that nothing far-fetched appears to be going on, however, nothing but the far-fetched seems to be occurring at all. It is making me highly frustrated. That is all on this for now; I am going to simply power through it, get it all down on paper and worry about the rest of it later. If I stop now and panic, it will never get finished--and I do not want that at all.


So, on with other things, I would like to post some music of great inspiration to me lately. It is more classical music! Yay! Yo-Yo Ma will begin the list here, because this version of this particular composition is nearly on repeat. It is amazingly done, and has truly inspired me to want to learn to play an instrument. Ironically enough, though, it is not the cello I want to learn. 

Technicalities.

However, bad news? It will not let me embed this video. So, instead, please click this to get to it. Promise, it is worth it in the end, and if you don't think so you merely wasted a click. Tragic. 


If clicking was too much for you, then simply move on to this: 







I love music. Really. It is proof to me that there is a God. It has power to change emotions, set you free, connect you with someone else for no other reason than mutual appreciation. Art is amazing. Music is like life.

I also really want to learn the piano, but I have never thought that my talents lied in physical instruments. I may have to scrounge up the money to try, though. I would feel much better about my love of music knowing I could participate with something other than dance. 

Chopin has been a soundtrack for me as I have written over the past few days. It is amazing to just feel the emotion, hear it, be moved by it, and inspired. 

Too bad it has not appeared to have helped my believability. I suppose I will just have to keep going. There is no turning back now. I have put too much work into this to stop now!







Enjoy the music, my readers. I shall leave you now to your own fancies and wild imaginings. 

Happy writing! And, if you are not of the writing sort, may you have happy reading. 

It takes both kinds of people to make this life worth it. Just like composers need their listeners, the world needs her readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment