Monday, January 2, 2012

Picture of the Day: 
A bookstore in Hay On Wye, Wales that is literally in an old castle.

Quote of the Day: 
"Every artist was first an amateur." 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hello, my dearest Readers! May I start by saying Happy New Year! I have been away for quite a long time, but rest assured I have not vanished. (You are not lucky enough for that! Ha!) In fact, I have some news that is absolutely fantastic--and it may lead to things even more fantastic. Huzzah! 

Okay, before the year vanished something amazing happened. On December 21, 2011 at 10:09pm, I, your resident blogger and aspiring novelist, finished my first draft of my Pirate Novel. 

Yes. Finished. Completed. Final period, celebratory dance, and immediate print-off. Done. 

I have never been so excited in my life! I have already started looking at publishers and agents, but so far I am so happy that it is done I have not really made any efforts toward them yet. My sister and friend are taking a look at the rough-draft manuscript, and my little sister is going to give me what I hope to be the best title for my work! (I have, as of yet, come up empty on that account.) 

I will be able to keep you updated on this progress as I attempt to wiggle my way into the business and make a name for myself. I am nervous about trying to sell my book in query letters and the like, but I am most ready to give it a shot! 

Prayers would be most appreciated as I undertake this endeavor. And, I would like to ask that you to add to them a person I know. He also finished his manuscript, and my friends and I will be taking a look at that for him too. Hopefully we will both be on our way to a published piece by the end of this year! 

Keep writing--it is key to creativity. And, if you cannot do that, keep reading! It does take both for this world to go around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment