Monday, March 28, 2011

Picture of the Day: 
Cherokee, my sister's puppy, and Samwise, trying to keep off the chill on our Christmas-time camping trip!

Quote of the Day: 
"When you start on your road to Ithaca, / then pray that the road is long, / full of adventure, full of knowledge."
- C.P. Cavafy, "Ithaca"

Hello, my dear readers! I regret to say that I have once more forgotten about this little blog. But, I have once more returned, as my time has permitted me to do so! So, a quick update on what I have been doing with my writing endeavors.

Legacy of Elysia series

I am unsure how to qualify the progress I have made with this particular work, as I myself and highly frustrated. I have been working on this for a long while, years truly, and it has actually grown to be a problem. My style has progressed and changed since I have started, and when I spent my time rereading what I have already gotten down I was appalled by it; from there, I adamantly decided I need to rewrite everything I have gotten down so far. That being said, I really want to finish this story! So, I am toying around with finishing it as a first draft, and then fixing it all later. I am truthful, reader, when I say that I am completely disappointed in it, though, and have ultimately decided to set it aside a while more. 


The Immortals

This one is a work that I don't think I have mentioned before. I rediscovered it this weekend and scribbled out a scene or two I would like to see in it. It is slow, and probably the last novel I will ever finish for lack of true inspiration or structured story. It really is an idea of epic proportions, but with no structure to make it happen. I am, though, happy I found it again. It is completely worth keeping in mind.


Curse of Black Isle

This is the tentative title for a book idea that came to me over break. Very tentative. It is a story that combines my love of pirates and adventure with sailing, with epic magic and fantastical creatures! That being said, this is probably going to be the novel I complete first. Like Legacy of Elysia, this is one of the few ideas I have that is completely planned out. And the first I am attempting to write in first person. (You must understand, reader, I hate first person. However, as a challenge to myself I wrote a scene using the style and found that it expressed the scene better than my draft in third person. So, I am sticking with it.) Anyway, I have a few scenes written in this story now, and am quite pleased with them.  So stay on the lookout for this particular novel idea! 


That is, regrettably, all I have managed to get done. I cannot wait until I am out of school and homework will no longer deter my creative expression. I shall try to get something up here concerning one of these works I keep claiming I am working on in order to gain some feedback. Though, I am afraid that very few people will actually be keeping this little blog in mind by the time I am able to do that! 

Bear with me, reader! I am still adamantly pursuing my quest for penned perfection, and I would like it very much if you took the journey with me! 

And, like the poem "Ithaca" states, the journey is best long!

No comments:

Post a Comment