Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Prayer

God,


I know I am not the daughter you want me to be, but I am trying so hard to change for the better. Lead me, oh Lord--for you are the only one who knows my path. You alone can lead me to a better place, where I no longer am stuck in darkness and filth. 


I want so badly to please you. I want to have faith that abounds and defies earthly logic. I want to lose my fear. Take me, Lord, and lead me. Lead me to where I can grow and run this race with pride. I desire you, God. I want you and nobody else. 


I want Kathryn to go away. I want her to go away and never come back; I don't want to miss her. My heart is broken; I am broken. Take my pieces and help make me whole. There is nothing I want more than to love like you and live like you want me to, but I know I cannot do it alone. 


Help me, guide me and forgive me. I am just a sinner who wants something better for herself.


It is in your Son's name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment