Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog....

Picture of the Day: 
A car from the car show a couple years back. 


Quote of the Day:
"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page."
-Saint Augustine


Home again, home again, jiggity jog; home again, home again...time for a blog! 

Okay, for starters let me explain my absence. See, I am a glutton for punishment. I, like an idiot, have decided to move into the realm of graduate school, immediately following my obtainment of my degree. For reasons unknown, I feel that I am called to keep up with my school and stay closely knit with my college scene just a little bit longer. I have a church ministry that needs me, and a campus that could use my gifts and skills. 

Problem?

The University of South Florida doesn't desire to accept me into their graduate program for English. 

Yikes! 

Now, that means (for those of you keeping up with the game), I have to look for my schooling elsewhere. Right now, my biggest concern is where does God want me? I think I found it. Way on down in Corpus Christi, Texas! 

There is another ministry there that I meld into quite easily. It is amazing, really. Anyway...I went down for a visit.

I loved it. 

The people were welcoming and warm, I have a church to attend there, and a campus that certainly could use the attendance. It seems just right. Now, I have to figure out how to get there, and what consolation I can give my father. (He has a bad case of empty nest syndrome, I should say.) 

How fast I get there will depend on how fast I raise the money for an apartment.

How fast I raise the money depends on how fast I find a job here.

Oh, Lord, please let me find a job here! 

And then over there, too. 

Basically that is all the update I have. I am bringing in the first five pages of the Orphain Train short story this weekend to my Inklings meeting. I will update with how that all goes, and the changes, if any, I am making to it! 

God bless, and keep reading! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment