Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Picture of the Day: 
My little sister and I.

Quote of the Day: 
"‎And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
-Matthew 28:20


So I have been diligently working on trying to get back to writing my novel. Is it working? Not really. Am I still proud of my progress? Yes. Yes I am. Basically, I have reread the last two chapters that I have written and decided that my character, Octavian, needs more depth. 

In one of the chapters, he sounds like a whiny jerk. Which, naturally, is not what I am going for. Yes, Legacy of Elysia needs work. And so work it shall revieve--sparingly and intermittently, but loyally as well. Page count? 194. Wooo!

I finally found someone willing to take a look at the beginning of the novel, so I may get some work done on that soon. I am happy with what I have, but know that you can always stand for improvement. My writing will grow and prosper, and someday I will look back on this novel endeavor and hate the way it was written--re-write it and send it out again. I know me too well! 

My writing group has been worlds helpful. We have begun doing challenge pieces, and it is making me very happy to stretch my bounds and train and as a writer. The group is so supportive, too! And fun! So, I will be working on my newest challenge which is to write a short story with a twist. I think I have an idea, and since y'all are not in my little group, I will give a sneak peek at the inspiration to it! 

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment