Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Picture of the Day:
Monticello's backyard.

Quote of the Day: 
"All that lives must die, / Passing through nature to eternity."
-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Hello, my dearest readers! I regret to say that I have nothing of my own to post today. However, I would like to do two things today: 1) Introduce February's book of the month and 2), give you a link to something that will make any Shakespeare fan laugh a little on the inside.

So, lets get down to business!

February's book of the month is....


Their Eyes Were Watching God
by Zora Neale Hurston

Now, before you start yelling at me, telling me that you read this in high school, I just want to say that it is a beautiful book. At first, I wasn't too impressed. But the poetry in the very way Hurston writes is fascinating! It might be a little tough at first, the colloquial way the characters talk can be seen as a little tough to get through. Nonetheless, it is completely worth the read.

It is a love story that spans the life of Janie, a mulatto woman in Florida who is trying to find true love. There is nothing about this book that is dull, though perhaps it is slow to start. Please, please, please! Give this book a read for February!! You won't be disappointed.

Okay, now on for part two. Ever read Hamlet? Have you ever heard of it? Well, than this is for you!


It is completely worth the click, guys. I promise. (Grammar issues aside, it made me laugh really hard.)

Well, that is all for today!

Go out and make it a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it. I never actually got all the way through it, like I told you. Maybe one day I'll try it again. ;)

    ReplyDelete