Saturday, November 20, 2010

This

Picture of the Day: 
My little sister and I in the car in 1991,

Quote of the Day: 
"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering." 
-Paulo Coelho

I feel like my entire life I have been doing things that aren't worth my effort. School means nothing, and it has pretty much consumed my entire life so far. I don't go out and do things that are loads of fun with friends, and the friends I have are more of the people that I will talk to on occasion when we happen to be in the same place together. So far, Friday and Saturday nights mean sitting at home with my dog in the dark, maybe wasting time watching a movie. That's it. Nothing special. 

I keep praying that everything will change, and that someday I will look forward to the long days I have ahead--but so far, nothing has gotten better.

Today, I have a song for you. It is one of my new favorites and it is off of Darius Rucker's new album Charleston, SC 1966. It is called "This", and literally seems to take everything I am yearning for and feeling and put it to lyrics and song, only it is told from the perspective of someone who has reached the other side. 

Someday, I want to get there, too.

This - Darius Rucker

Sometimes I just want to get an easy answer. Like when is it time to walk away from what you want, and understand God is saying "No" and not "Not now"?

No comments:

Post a Comment