Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Updated!

Picture of the Day:
A sloth bear! Look at the tongue!

Quote of the Day: 
"Thank God for all I've missed, 'cause it led me here to this." 
-Darius Rucker


Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and today I just want to make sure that I wish everyone a safe holiday! I know I am not updating this nearly enough, though I am hard-pressed to find time or content to put up. But today, I think I can throw something together.

Page count update for Legacy Of Elysia: 180! =] I am getting somewhere!

And, because I haven't let you guys see any more of my soundtrack, I am updating with one of those today! Here it is: Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson (weird mix, I know), singing "Don't You Wanna Stay".




I think that this is a great song to channel two lovers. Especially like Thea and Octavian, my two mains for the Legacy of Elysia series. Still, in book one, nothing this steamy actually happens. (They aren't married, after all. ;] ) Nonetheless, it came out not too long ago, and instantly, I thought of them--and actually set to work on Chapter 11 again! It was a nice change of pace, to be able to write anything. Not sure it is any good, but hey! That's what editing is for!

Another song that I would like to share is more for Thea than anything else. 

 
"If You're Reading This" by Tim McGraw


Now, this is more about what she fears. Octavian is a soldier, and the biggest fear she has is that he leaves for war and doesn't come home again. This song, therefore, is something she would hate to hear herself, and I think that by listening to this, I am better able to understand her. 

Be warned, this song makes me cry every time. 

Oh, and Octavian would probably completely do something this sweet for Thea should he happen to go off to war and know he isn't coming home. Just saying.

Happy Wednesday! 

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment