Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am Quote Girl!

Picture of the Day:
Baby joey at Busch Gardens! 

Quote of the Day: 
"You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits! Have you ever said to someone, 'Hey, let's get a parfait." and they say 'No, I don't like no parfaits!'? Parfaits are delicious!" 
-Donkey, Shrek

So this weekend at my sister's family birthday party I was dubbed the "Quote Girl" of the family. Pretty much, if it is useless and has no real meaning in life...I remember it. Like a steel-trap hunter, I catch the goodness of quotes and carry them forever. Today, I am going to put up some of my favorites to throw around in conversation. 

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." 
-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings

"You already told me which way the boat went!"
"I did? Oh, no. See, I suffer from short term memory loss. It runs in my family, or....at least....I think it does....where are they?.....Can I help you?" 
-Marlin and Dory, Finding Nemo

"Don't make me smack you in front of all these people."
-Agent Derek Morgan, Criminal Minds

"The spiders! They want me to tap dance. I don't want to tap dance." 
"You tell those spiders, Ron."
"Yeah...yeah, I'll tell them."
-Ron and Harry, Harry Potter

"Thanks for nothing, you useless reptile." 
-Hiccup, How to Train Your Dragon

"It's gonna be biblical."
-Clyde, Law Abiding Citizen

"I get motion sickness."
"Lady, we're not moving yet."
"It's really the idea of motion that sickens me." 
-Alex Rover and taxi driver, Nim's Island

 "That's Scamper, one of my most successful inventions. I made him immortal; which is a kind of a hassle for him since he doesn't want to live."
"Will nothing end this vicious cycle?"
"I also made him talk, which is a hassle for me since he never shuts up." 
-Igor and Scamper, Igor

"Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine!"
"You're a mouse!"
"I was hoping for something a little more original." 
-Reepicheep and Caspian, Prince Caspian

"I do not love the sword for its brightness, the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." 
-Faramir, The Lord of the Rings

Well--read and enjoy! I will probably do another quote page later with new ones. These just came up off the top of my head. This is Quote Girl, signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment