Saturday, July 23, 2011

Picture of the Day:
The Governor's Palace in Colonial Williamsburg

Quote of the Day: 
"There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not."
- Francois de La Rouchefoucauld

Hello again, my dearest readers. I am updating again because I have somehow managed to find a bit of time in my hectic day, and simply felt the urge to put something to paper--or in this case, to computer. I stared at my pirate document for a time, but ultimately decided to visit here instead. I need to do much on my story, but I am afraid that I do not have time for such a long commitment at this very second. I do hope you understand and forgive me accordingly. Nonetheless, I have something for you.

I assume, reader, that you are aware that I am a large fan of J.R.R Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. If you are not, then you are now. I model my writing in part after Tolkien's work, I am told. I am very descriptive and technical when it comes to scenes and settings. I have created a world (many, in fact) that only I can navigate wholly, but I enjoy my detailed tours. I find this a great complement. Anyway, that is not quite why I am here today.

C.S. Lewis is the famed author of many different things, including the renowned Chronicles of Narnia series. I am a fan of these as well--and have, I must confess, enjoyed the movie renditions of them. (Aside from Prince Caspian, I regret to say. The whole movie was a mess--the only redeeming factor was Ben Barnes' dashing good looks.) 

Well, The Dawn Treader movie was much better than Caspian, and I have contented myself to spend many nights watching it. I always stop it though before credits roll. I dislike the jarbled, hard to read text flying over the screen so fast that I doubt even people who have their names on there can find them or care to look. No, I take the DVD out, put it away and meander off to think about such grand adventures as the ones Lucy and Edmund have had, and wish that my life were as interesting. 

A couple days ago, though, I didn't get up to the DVD player in time. I finally saw part of the credits--and I heard Carrie Underwood's powerful voice begin to lift up in song at the end. I like Carrie Underwood, so I decided to let the song finish out and take a listen. What I heard was this: 



There's a Place For Us - Carrie Underwood


I was in tears by the end. It is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in quite a while. It has a message of hope without sounding forced or fake--and I appreciated that. It is absolutely lovely. I would like to, then, add this to the list of inspirational music that I have shared with you since this blog's inception, and I would also like to take the time to implore you to remember this little tune when you are feeling sad, downtrodden or forgotten. It's available on iTunes--put it on your iPod. 

I do not have too much to post about this time, but this song needed to be shared. I hope that all of my readers enjoy this song as much as I did, and that it speaks to you in your time of hardship as it did in mine. 

I will be back at a later date to give you something to read or something to learn about my book. But today, this is it. Please have a wonderful weekend; and remember--there is a place for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment