Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Picture of the Day:
A beautiful house in New Orleans--where my cousin was married!


Quote of the Day: 
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." 
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring


Hello, dearest readers! I am back once more. I have not, I suppose, been doing much writing. Though, I have had plenty to be doing otherwise. I have not forgotten this blog, nor have I forgotten my vow to finish these novels. I have stories to be told, and I will not rest until I have done them justice and service. I admit that sometimes I wish I could just walk away from this and never think twice about it, but I am born to write, so I write I shall do. 

I thought my pirate story would come easy, since all the details have been mapped out quite nicely. Still, in a quest for proper wording, planned stories do not help. So, I have been working for months...and I have barely ventured past chapter one. Though, I must say I am happy with what I have written. Well, for the most part. 

I have tried to press on further, and I have added three pages to chapter two, though for some reason it feels like my voice as the author changed. Maybe it is to do with my moods while writing, maybe it is something different entirely. Either way, something does not feel quite right about it. I will be taking a look at that some this weekend, hopefully. 

I am introducing a new character in chapter two, and a few important concepts for the rest of the novel. So, it is imperative that chapter two is not weak--this is the chapter that sets up the boundaries of my novel, and makes the rest of the plot possible. Hopefully I will get it all worked out soon! I would like to leave you with a short excerpt of something, and while I am positive it may not make sense, it will be a tangible (and by tangible I mean readable!) proof of progress--no matter how small the progress is.

So, without much further ado, here is an excerpt from my pirate's story. You get a paragraph--mostly because I want to make sure my story and book are safe from plagiarism and thievery. I trust you, of course, but I do not trust the internet!

“You seek adventure,” my father offered, breaking the silence once again. “You want a life worthy of one of your novels, but, Liam,” I could hear his words catch at the back of his throat for a moment, and for just the space of a breath I wondered if he had expended his words. “Liam, perhaps you already have that as a prince, yes?” 

Well, there you have it. An excerpt! Short, but decent! Make it a great week, and I hope all of my readers had a very safe Fourth of July holiday. Do not give up on me, reader. I will get there someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment