Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October's Book of the Month!

Picture of the Day:
Cocoa Beach, Florida


Quote of the Day: 
"If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone."
-John Maxwell


So lots of editing has been going on! I have been experimenting with the "gadgets" you can add to your blog to see which ones I like and which ones I don't. That means that if you logged in at any time within the last twenty-four hours you probably saw a different blog. 


I finally settled on adding just one little box. I will wait while you check the left hand side of your screen. 




....




See it? Like it?! I am going to start recommending a book once every month, and in the spirit of Halloween, I am beginning with Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.





Do me a favor. Whilst you are reading the little summary below, listen to this music to set the tune for Halloween! Oooh. Spooky.






I read this book in eighth grade and it was amazing. Ten guests of completely different sorts are summoned for a weekend getaway at a private island. However, weekend frivolity gives way to murder and mayhem. (And really, who doesn't like a good source of mayhem!?) Slowly the ten guests begin to turn up murdered, and it is up to the rest of the living guests to figure it out or be the next to fall! 

I promise. It is unpredictable, unstoppable and worth every second you spend reading it to finish the book to solve the mystery. Agatha Christie is definitely a mastermind. Even after all these years I can remember the plot twists and characters; the book is certainly worthy of October's book of the month. 

So read it, and then let me know what you think. And remember to look out for November's book of the month! 

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Katie. The background music made the plot summary riveting to read. You are so creative! My "reading list" idea was stolen from someone else's blog...I wouldn't have thought of it by myself.

    ReplyDelete