Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Yeah, It's a Mouthful

Picture of the Day:
Flowers!

Quote of the Day:
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
-A. A. Milne


Right now, I am a complete mess. Midterms have left me positively drained, and I still have more tests to take. I cannot, however, keep up with any of it. Needless to say, the perfectionist in me is slowly dying and a new, haphazard version of the Kathryn I know and love is coming to fruition; and at the worst possible time.

I barely have time to think and breathe, but I know that my stress level needs to be kept at some sort of bay. I cannot seem to stay ahead of the game, and it is causing many problems in all four of my literature classes. Four literature classes is suicide; so please, do yourself a favor and never do this to yourself.

However, I thought I would take a few moments to drop in anyway; I know myself, and if I miss a day or two, you will not hear from me for a few weeks. As is expected, I plan on giving you another song from my soundtrack, but before I get to that, I would like to present you with a link that was sent to me by a friend via Facebook.

Do I have any authors out there reading? Well, this is for you! Have you heard of NaNoWriMo? Apparently, November is National Novel Writing Month, and this organization has taken it upon themselves to spur writers 50,000 words ahead by the end of the month!

They even have tips to keep you motivated.

If I had enough time, I would be joining in the effort myself, but as it stands I can hardly breathe, let alone work on my novels! Still, I encourage any author I know to join the effort, or at least set a personal goal for themselves to try and reach by the end of November. Even if it is only 5,000 words! C'mon, writers! We can let everyone know what we are all about!!


Whatever you do, don't stop writing!

Now, before I jet back to homework and studying, I would like to offer my next song from the soundtrack: "I Wouldn't Be A Man" by Josh Turner.





This song has a hold on me. It could be his sultry voice, it could be the intimate connotation to the song. Nonetheless, I love it. Someday I plan to channel this kind of energy and emotion into an intimate scene between my two characters from the Legacy of Elysia series, but that will have to wait until December, when school is finally done. A sad but true reality! 

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment