Sunday, October 24, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon

Picture of the Day:
Weedon Island

Quote of the Day:
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
-Hiccup


Yesterday, after the wedding, my family and I had a family day; we went out to eat, and then we watched a movie. One that stole my heart, and has managed to fly its way into my favorites list.



How to Train Your Dragon!


Let me start by saying I am a dragon buff; they have always been my favorite mythical creatures, and my sister can attest to that. However, if there is one thing I cannot stand, it is a dragon that can speak. So, right away this movie got good marks on my behalf; the dragons all roared and made cute noises. 

The story takes place in Berk, an imaginary Viking city that is constantly plagued by dragons! Their buildings get burned completely during attacks, so there is no such thing as an old building; they are all new. While most of the Viking men are big and strong, the story centers around a scrawny boy by the name of Hiccup as he tries to live up to his father's expectations (I was excited to hear by his voice that the father was played by the one and only Gerard Butler!) as a dragon hunter. Basically, Hiccup is the kid that always screws up, and right from the start the two family members are on rough terms. But, when Hiccup comes across a Night Fury, the most mysterious dragon breed known to man, he ends up in dangerous stare down. The stare down leads to trust, and the trust to friendship. This is their story.

Now, I will not fail to mention all of the epic action, the wonderful CGI (I am in LOVE with Toothless), or the light love story that follows behind. But, I will leave that up to you to find out by watching the movie and leave them at passing mentionings alone.

I will take a few moments to praise the wonderful soundtrack. I fell in love with it, just like I did the movie. And here is just an example as to why:






It has beautiful music, and great epic music for the battle sequences and dragon attacks. This movie covered its bases.


So, on this bright Sunday, I beg you. Go watch this movie. Please. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment