Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Picture of the Day: 
Buddy, one of the family felines, asleep on my bed.

Quote of the Day: 
"We owe something to extravagance, for thrift and adventure seldom go hand in hand." 
-Jennie Jerome Churchill


Hello, my readers! I have updated recently (a mere two days ago!) and I am sure it comes as a surprise to see me update yet again. However, there are two things that I feel simply must be shared. One, I have now reached the 100th page mark. I should really celebrate! Two, I have finished chapter eight and am working on chapter nine! This is the chapter where action starts! I am very excited, and also highly nervous. Such fast paced adventuring needs a style to make it nail-biting, and I am afraid that I am not very well-practiced with action scenes! 

I fare well enough, I suppose, considering I have really never done much work with combat or warfare. Still, I expect I shall be training hard for these coming chapters. 

I have done some research and named a few locales that my story shall whisk the reader to, and I am quite happy with the ring they have. I am well assured that this shall be the finest work I have yet endeavored, and pray that when I finally get this thing finished and sent off to a publisher, I remain proud of it. I have put a lot of work into this, and am thankful for those of you who have helped me on my way to truly making this story phenomenal!

Now, two fears. I cannot for the life of me think of what to name this blasted story, and it simply doesn't do to say, "Pirate Novel is coming along nicely!" or "My book about pirates has another chapter added!" I have though about calling it Black Isle, or The Sword in the Vale, but I am pretty certain both of these are complete garbage. 

Another thing. My name is difficult to pronounce. Should I consider a pen name? Don't ask what brought this to the forefront of my thoughts, but for some reason it just dawned on me. I don't want to use a pen name, but fear that it might be my only choice. Every other author seems to have names that simply roll off the tongue. I don't know what option I have. 

Well, no matter on either of these yet. I have a bit of a book left to write before I really have to worry about these. Instead, I would like to post my current song of inspiration. 



Up Is Down - Hans Zimmer


Take a listen to that, my friends. It is a wonderful piece. Came up on my iPod today, and I could not help but run to my computer and start to work on my unnamed story. I think I pounded out a gem of a chapter, too. So, may it bless you with creativity the way it did me!

Happy writing, my dearest readers. 

And if you are not one of the writing sort, happy reading. 

Both are invaluable!


1 comment:

  1. Love the music!

    Have you read the books "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness" by Frank E. Peretti? Not that they're shining examples of writing, but that's the only example I can think of of action scenes that occur in the real world AND in the spiritual realm at the same time (he switched back and forth). It was kinda cool, but sometimes I lost track of what was going on.

    As far as your name, I've heard people say that it's wise to wait as long as possible to get published. If you wait until you get married, you'll have a completely different last name to use, and you won't have to change it! (Well, I was GOING to suggest Lady Kathryn, but apparently she's some psychic.) =/

    Anyway, hope you're doing well. It's been a little while!

    ReplyDelete