Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Picture of the Day: 
Arena Football; the most ridiculous sport I have ever witnessed firsthand.

Quote of the Day: 
"Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease!"
-C3PO

Hello, my dear readers! Today is Intergalactic Star Wars Day! If you were previously unaware of such a fact, then I am glad I have called it to your attention. It would be a shame to never celebrate such a holiday. In case you are wondering why the amazing 4th of May was chosen to be the host of such festivities, I merely wish to say this: 

May the 4th be with you!

All right. So, what can I say about today, except that it is a day to remember Han Solo, R2D2, Chewbacca, Leia and Luke for their bravery? Oh. And everyone else, too. Yes, this is a day to recall the great adventures from A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi. May they forever be watched and remembered on this amazing day!

What? You say there are more Star Wars movies than those? 

You say these people are in it?


Lies.

Anyway. To celebrate the only Star Wars movies around (yes, I will quite happily live in denial) I wish to make this post a one-stop need for all things intergalactic.


We will start with this video; it is a nice spoof called "Store Wars". Enjoy:



I do not own this. But it is hilarious.



I have already shared this video, but I must do it again in honor of this day. So, if you have seen this, feel free to skip.



If I have kids, I want them to be this awesome.



Okay. Now, let us all be real; not everyone knows a lot about Star Wars. On this day, I would like to shame those people. If you are one of the select few that know nothing, but want to keep up with all the cool kids today, I give you a link to Wookieepedia. Trust me, it is a one-stop information geyser that will tell you anything you need to know to keep up with the best of them today. 

What is a Wookiee? Madness I say! Still...it looks something like this: 


You know what else looks something like that? 

This dog:
It has got to be nice to know you own the most epic dog ever.

For veteran fans, I give you a link to a store for Star Wars memorabilia. This place. 

Today, you should definitely do something special. I will even give you a list of things that will make your day a little more epic. After all, what couldn't be epic when flavored with Star Wars? 

  • Watch the movies. Yes, this seems like a no brainer. But really, that trilogy (See? Still in denial.) will not watch itself! 
  • Go to the toy store and buy a lightsaber. Don't worry--I promise you won't be the only adult with a saber. And hey, once you own it, go have a fight with your friend in the lawn. Watch out for those Jedi force-chokes, though. Especially if your friend has turned to the dark side. 
  • Go around breathing heavy. For added effect, wear a mask. Preferably one that looks like this:

For an added bonus, tell everyone you are their father.

  • Tell everyone your other vehicle is the Millennium Falcon. Go ahead. All the cool kids are doing it.
  • Say everything backwards. Trust me, it automatically makes you sound smarter. 


It would make Yoda proud. Ahem. Excuse me. Make Yoda proud, it would.

And finally...
  • Discover you are a twin. This works best if you were separated at birth. However, it is doable with the right amount of acting skills and watching audience. Try a mall, movie theater, or just the park. 
There you have it, folks! Easy steps to becoming a regular Star Wars Day aficionado. 

May the Force be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment