Thursday, April 14, 2011

Picture of the Day: 
The alligator that lives outside my apartment. My sister and I have named him Irvin.

Quote of the Day: 
"Your lack of success has resulted in failure." 
-The librarian from Silent Library.
(To this I say, "No kidding, Sherlock!!")

Hello, my dearest readers! I regret to say that I have been busy as of late, and then when I tried to log into Blogger, it was not working. Mainly because I believe my school has claimed my e-mail address, and I had to create a new one to log back in. Thank goodness all my posts are still here...I would not know what to do with myself! 

Okay, for starters an update on my pirate novel. I have decided ultimately that first person is the way to go for this one. It is turning out very nice as I scape out individual scenes. My only issue is now trying to figure out what to do with the opening and how best to go about introducing my story. Beginnings are, in a way, the hardest thing for me to get out. I would not be surprised if I finish the rest of the novel before I know how I am going to open this one. Really.

I have been doing some research; pirate ships and styles, and what traits would lead them to be faster, mightier, more affordable, etc. I do not desire to write this novel saying, "This was the fastest ship in my father's fleet", and then have it be formatted after a galleon. (For those of you that do not know, a galleon was entirely slow. So, I am brushing up on my nautical knowledge. 

That being said, I stumbled across something that made me laugh. There was, in the Carribean, a pirate by the name of George Lowther. He was a captain of a pirate ship. A pirate ship by the name of The Happy Delivery. Really? Happy Delivery? Service with a smile, I suppose. Like the McDonalds of the Carribean seas. 

Could you really be frightened by that? 

Maybe that was his ploy; to content you with safety and then strike while you were still confused. 

"Aww, guys. Look. It is The Happy Delivery! Don't worry about it. We cannot possibly use the canons on something so cheery. Wait. Why is it firing at us? You are not happy!"
Deadly. And happy about it.


Anyway. That being said, I have come up with quite a few spectacular names for my ships and I am very well pleased. (No, none are based off of real ships. If they happen to align up with real ones, it is by coincidence only.)

Now, I have not put up any musical inspiration recently. I lament this fact; music is fun! So, in leaving you today, I shall give you a song!!


"Tomorrow" by Chris Young

1 comment:

  1. I have finally read and updated on most of your posts. I love that Chris Young song. So sad, but full of love at the same time.

    =]
    Lollie

    ReplyDelete